Resizing an Image
As mentioned earlier, increasing the size of the image reduces the amount of fine detail in the photo. However, in case you do need to resize an image, you can follow the steps given below.
- From the top panel, select the Image option, to open the drop-down menu.
- Select the Image Size option. This will open a dialog box.
- Inside the dialog box set the Pixels options to the already set Unit Size.
- The Resample box should be checked, and the icon named Lock should be on. You can find the Lock button beside the height and width options. This is done to make sure that the aspect ratio doesn’t change, which could potentially distort the image.
- Put in your preferred dimensions to resize the image. Entering the width of the image will enable the previous setting to come into action, adjusting the aspect ratio accordingly.
- When you have adjusted the width and height according to your liking, select OK at the bottom of the dialog box. This will resize the image.
These are the basic tools and techniques that will let you get a feel for how the software works, while also giving you an idea about what else you can do with an image. However, in order to regularly edit your images, you must know how to quickly load, and after you are done editing, save your edited images.